Release date: Pre-Release Updates: 1 (Oct. 10, 2004) | 2 (Dec. 27, 2004) | 3 (June 14, 2005) | 4 (Feb. 8, 2006)
Shipped with: New AmigaOnes since June 2004
Media: Kickstart on disc
- Added: AmiGS, AmiPDF, and Ghostscript now system apps.
- Added: Dockies and Subdocs
- Added: Integrated 680x0 emulator for execution of legacy code.
- Added: Integrated TCP/IP stack.
- Added: MediaToolbox and PartitionWizard (replace HDToolBox and third party utilities such as DiskSalv).
- Added: MUI.
- Added: Pop-up menus with PowerMenus Commodity.
- Added: Ported to PowerPC with removal of all chipset dependencies.
- Added: S:ARexx inherits Rexxc in C: and ARexx scripts.
- Added: SmartFileSystem.
- Added: Solid window resizing/dragging.
- Added: Support for Truetype and Postscript fonts, with optional anti-aliasing (TypeManager replaces Intellifont).
- Added: Supports different character sets, including full ISO-8859-15 (Euro support).
- Improved: AmiDock
- Improved: AmigaDOS implemented without BCPL TripOS legacy code.
- Improved: CDFS (with support for ISO9660, UDF, HFS, CDDA etc), CD/DVD writing support, can boot from CD/DVD, drives are auto-mounted.
- Improved: GUI appearance completely reconfigurable, and consistent across ReAction and GadTools based apps, you can also now drag windows off screen.
- Improved: Reimplemented FastFileSystem with long filename support and no partition/drive size limits.
- Improved: The Guru is replaced with the Grim Reaper, a massively enhanced version of the old "Suspend/Reboot" requester.