Pre-release Update 1 was released on October 10, 2004. Version numbers are:
U-Boot 1.1.1 (04-Oct-2004)
This release is available as a free update and bundled with new AmigaOnes. It adds support for the MicroA1 (ľA1). The official list of things included in the update is:
- Kernel-Level Altivec support.
- Much improved compatibility/speed of 68k emulation (JIT not included yet).
- Improved 68k FPU emulation.
- Fully PowerPC-native Picasso96/graphics system.
- Fully PowerPC-native MUI.
- USB support for input devices.
- Support for onboard serial and parallel hardware.
- Driver support for the SiI0680 IDE adaptor (including UDMA support).
- Improved PIO mode VIA driver.
- Improved Internet capabilities and better Ethernet support.
- Printing support.
- Improved audio hardware support, including new drivers.
- Comprehensive bug fixes, speed improvements, added features and functionality across all system components.
- and much more...
Shown in the Workbench 1 screenshot are some of the following features:
- Underlined icon is a filesystem link (in this case a soft-link to a disk, the information window below shows where it links to) (v50).
- Default icons can now be made transparent (such as the Projects icon, the underlined Music one is a real icon) (v51).
- "Assign" and "Mount" options on the "insert disk" requester. (new for v51).
- The little boxes on the Shell and USBInspector icons signify that they are "left out" (new for v51).
- Screen titlebar is configurable (v50, updated in v51).
- DOS Preferences (new for v51).
- Workbench Preferences (updated for v51).
- USB Preferences (new for v51).
- USB Inspector (new for v51).
- KeyShow now correctly shows the layout of a PC keyboard (v50 showed an Amiga keyboard—I assume it now looks at the keymap setting in Input prefs).
- The Grim Reaper (updated for v51).
- Ram Disk is now RAM Disk (v51).